Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mudbug Mayhem

Before I moved to Texas I might have heard of a crawfish...or a crawdad but never did I imagine that there's a whole season where people gather and have parties and festivals centered around eating them. Yesterday we went to the McGee's annual Crawfish Blowout for fun, friends, and well....Crawfish. I don't really partake in the crawfish portion but the rest of it was fun!

Ryan took awhile to warm up to all the people


Here's Kevin pouring them out and seasoning them with the so affectionately named "Slap Your Mama" spices



Keith's a fan...


All the kiddos checking out the live crawfish...Andon and Katie finally touched one!


The Mudbug


Ryan hanging out inside...


Katie flirting with Daddy's boss...definitely our social butterfly


Sweet Bry and Jenifer


Katie was Kevin's big helper for the rest of the evening!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know they're supposed to be, like, a delicacy, but those look disgusting! How on earth do you (well, not you, but you know what I mean) eat them??

Jenifer said...

Andon had a great time with Katie. Can I get a copy of that picture of Bry and me? I have so few of me and the kids.

Dallas said...

I think I just threw up a little. I'm not a seafood fan at all....or a fan of watching my food going from alive to cooked to being eaten. Great pics, though!