So I was trying to hype myself up about cutting Ryan's hair. He obviously needed it. I mean it was scraggly and hanging over his ears. But there is something about a momma and cutting her baby's hair that is HARD. I mean that's the first hair you touched...saw...it was the hair he had inside my belly for goodness sakes! But alas it was time. I told her the cliche "a little off the top" and before I know it almost 3 inches (or at least that's what it was in my mind) fell to the floor. My heart stopped, I felt a tear and almost screamed STOP...WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING???? But I didn't. Uggh...but in the end it's not THAT bad I guess. A bit shorter than I expected and quite a dramatic difference!
He sure was cute during the process though...sitting in the big boy chair BY HIMSELF! I brought the D50 thinking that I'd have to have someone take pictures for me while I held him but nope! He sat with his seat belt on just fine!
The before shots...

The first cut (mommy's trying not to pass out)

OMG What have you done to my baby????

He had a great ole time...

The obligatory "faux hawk"...*sigh*

It's not that bad is it? It's growing on me I guess. Oh and he's super blond now!
15 comments:
It's definitely short - but very cute and yay for a blondie! Cute shirt too!! Ha Ha!!
Oh he looks like such a big boy now! Your right it was a drastic difference. My boys are both squirmy so they always have the worst hair cuts no matter where we go!
He looks even more like Keith now. Such a cutie
Um...the hairdresser definately DIDN'T listen....BUT he does look adorable!!! He is just too cute!
I think the faux-hawk should be an every day thing. Don't worry if you think it's too short... if his hair grows anything like Katie's it will all be grown out by next month anyway.
Oh my gosh! How stinkin' precious! He looks so different. Way too cute. I love the faux hawk! Wow...
Oh wow, you are right, she did cut a lot off, but it does look cute. He looks like such a little boy now. Becca, has a good point, I bet it will grow real fast.
WOW, what a huge difference!!! But he looks precious! Love the new 'do!!
OMG...I LOVE IT!!!! It looks so cute! So much easier to manage. Can't wait to see it in person. :)
He is gorgeous. i can't get over how photogenic he is. Makes his sleeplessness/fussiness ALMOST forgetable...
How handsome is little Man with his new hair cut?? I didn't think it was possible for him to be any cuter...I was wrong. :)
He's adorable!!...long hair or short. That gives me encouragement to get Avery's hair cut....I keep holding off, for no good reason really.
Wow! Huge difference. Super cute though.
I love the hawk! I think it should be an every day thing too :)
Oh my gosh Shannon!!! I scrolled down and my jaw dropped! WHAT A HANDSOME BOY! I can't believe how big he is already.
Post a Comment