If you could see our garage right now, I think we have quadruple the amount of boxes than we did when we moved into this house...

It's ours!

A clean slate...

But it didn't take long for us begin filling it up. With furniture... Couches first and then a few months later dining room and bedroom! I don't think I'd (via Keith of course) ever paid for anything so expensive before. Major buyers remorse if I recall!


We also planted this tree...a Sycamore that I LOVE and secretly wish I could take with me to our new house. It grew and grew...just like our family...


We continued to fill the house but this time with a sister for Jack the cat...Cali the Cockapoo...

Our family expanded and we brought home our sweet baby Katelyn Elizabeth...
_web.jpg)
Followed by Ryan Todd...

And it was quite evident we had outgrown our little house. We were busting at the seams! We had always planned to move when we had a second child and before we knew it there we were.
This house has endured a lot, and protected from harm many times....two hurricanes...one named Rita that passed to the East of us with hardly any local damage and one named Ike that made a direct hit and left us without power for almost 2 weeks...

Two trees falling on it...

And a flood from a washing machine. We were so blessed to have such a wonderful roof over our heads.
I will also miss our wonderful neighbors. We've watched our kids grow together. Some have moved to different neighborhoods as well but I'm sure we will always have a bond...


So little house I will miss you....so many memories created right here in your walls...in your yard...in this neighborhood. Way too many to narrow down in pictures; hopes for the future, newborn cries, first steps, squeals in the backyard, walks around our neighborhood in the wagon and to the park, birthdsys, and family get togethers...
So we are turning the page...we are going to make new memories in our new home. It has a lot to live up too.

6 comments:
Aw, Shan, that was so sweet! I loved seeing this pics. I can't WAIT to see pics of your new place. I know you'll make lots of wonderful memories there!
so...I know it had to be hard for you to write all of this b/c I'm tearing up as I'm reading! What a great post! I'm also kicking myself b/c I didn't document our move like this...there's still time...right? :) The new house will have a lot to live up to...but that's what new beginnings are for!
ahhhhhh =) Here's to the next chapter!
what a great post shannon. It is hard...so many memories. But you're right, you have many a new memory to make in your new home! Starting with unpacking all of them! Good luck and have fun!
What a sweet (& sad) post. So great that you captured it that way.
Love the photo of all the kiddos on the bench! You really were blessed with so many other kids the same age as yours! I can't wait to see this continued in your new home!
Post a Comment